Saturday, May 1, 2010

Ok so these next few adventures I did on my own as Catherine was sick, and they were on my way to school.

The first one I picked up alone was a pain. The first time I tried to grab it at my train station there were far to many people around so I didnt wanna try for it. I was to afraid of it getting muggled if I did and someone saw. I decided to wait until the next morning to grab it as there would be less people there. Come the next morning I was right a lot less people, and I was able to grab it like it was nothing. Upon opening up the micro I was able to see the log was full, so I brought it home to fix it. I know that is not a good idea, and I should have just done a needs maintenance log on it, but I was able to get it done quicker just doing it myself. I left to return it later that day with a new signed log by me. I still have the log that was in it. I asked the CO if they wanted it, and they have never replied. Spoils of war I guess.

The next one I went for a couple days later was at a gas station right by my house. It was a nice little find at like 11 at night. I just strolled over, and found the nice little bison tube lamp post hide with ease. Signed the log, and had no problems re hiding it. Nice little night time find if I do say so.

The last one was found on my way to school by my local CVS store. Same kind of bison tube hide. It was under the lamp post like most of the urban hides around my area. Was able to ssign and replace without much attention from people. Its amazing how people tend to over look you if you look like you belong.

So far so good with this game. Have to go back and find a few that were missed, but all in all having fun.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ian,
    I am trying to generate collected geocache stories to generate interest from the family travel community. Would you like to link your post into my site: http://trippingwithkids.com/archives/2010/04/29/join-the-geocaching-blogger-event/

    I'd love your help in getting the ball rolling.

    Thanks,
    Lora
    www.trippingwithkids.com

    ReplyDelete